Browse Items (277 total)

  • Tags: Salem

1 Essex Street FINAL .pdf
Built by
James Fanning
Carpenter
c. 1894

Gardner St._1.pdf
Built for Arthur L. Averill, Lawyer 1916. On site of house built for James W. Averill, House Painter, 1895 (burned 1914)

1 Gedney Court FINAL.pdf
Built for the heirs of
George S. Arrington
Policeman
1886

Hamilton St._1.pdf
Built for Benjamin Brown, apothecary in 1844

Mall St._1.pdf
Circa 1800. Moved here from unknown location in 1906 by Francis Ann Perley

Gerrish Place_1-2-3.pdf
Built by The Salem Charitable Building Association in 1849

Flint_10.PDF
Built in 1915 for Charles Blunt, plumber, and wife Elizabeth. Replaced home burned in Great Salem Fire of 1914. On original foundation from 1839 house built for Joseph Wallis, cabinet maker

Hamilton St._10.pdf
Built for John Wilson, stonecutter in 1879

Oliver St._10.pdf
Built for Benjamin Cheever, Tanner by 1781; moved to this site in 1878

107 Bridge Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Benjamin Chever Jr.
1799
Home of Capt. Josiah P. Creesy &
Eleanor Prentiss Creesy
of Clipper Ship “Flying Cloud”

11 Daniels Street - Final.pdf
Built for
the Grafton family
before 1806

Kosciusko St._11.pdf
Moved to this site in 1856, by John Durgin, peddler

11 Pickman Street.pdf
Built by John S. Edwards, Housewright c. 1834

Warren St._11.pdf
Documents provided are of research conducted on house; formal house history unavailable.

Winter St._11.pdf
Built for Ephraim Brown Jr. Registrar of Deeds 1868. Lord & Fuller Architects

112 Bay View Avenue - Final.pdf
Built for
Fidelia & Matthew Robson
Currier
c. 1885

Gifford Court_12.pdf
Built as Seamen’s Orphan & Children’s Friend Society, c. 1887

126 Bay View.pdf
Built for
Alfred Peabody
Merchant
c. 1876

Holly St. 13_15.pdf
Plaque was granted after research was presented by homeowner; no formal house history on record.

13 Holly Street:
Built in 1915 for Hattie and Frank Brennan, dairy merchant

15 Holly Street:
Built in 1915 for Annie & Harry Fitch, dairy…

130 Bridge Street FINAL.pdf
Built by
Moses Hale
Carpenter
1804
Home of Capt. Joseph Beadle
Master Mariner
1825

14 Beach Avenue FINAL.pdf
Built for
Abel Webster
Massachusetts State Representative
from Lawrence
Iron Founder
c. 1880

14 Herbert Street Final.pdf
Built for
Antonina and John Boltrukiewicz
Machine Painter
1912

Mall St._14.pdf
Has a non-HSI plaque; Built for Peter Edgerly, truckman, 1824

Northey St._14.pdf
Built by Jeremiah Hale, housewright, for James Short, cooper in 1839

144-146 Federal Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Capt. Thomas Whittredge
Shipmaster
and his wife
Sarah Whittredge
c. 1802

Pleasant_15.pdf
Built by Abraham Towle, carpenter c. 1864

Derby St._155.pdf
Built 1911. Researched by Marcia Cini, 1984. Macris, no HH.

Fort Ave._155.pdf
Built for William G. Cochrane, manufacturer in 1909

16 Cross Street - FINAL.pdf
Built for
John F. Wells
Railroad Carpenter
and his wife
Maria L. Weeks
in 1876

16 Pickman Street FINAL.pdf
Built as a
Double House by
David Lord
Housewright
1806

Rice St._16.pdf
Built for Frances E. Rae + Maria E. Dexter circa 1873

River_16.pdf
Built in 1787 for Robert Wallis, cabinet maker. Later was home of William Knight, Cordwainer, Joseph N. Smith, Cordwainer, Alice (Poor) Ross, widow, William Phelps Jr., joiner, and Michael Little, laborer.

Winter St._16.pdf
Built for Edward Payson, cashier and his wife Amelia in 1845

North_161.PDF
John Dunckley, blacksmith, c. 1802

166-168 Bridge Street - Final Report.pdf
Built for
Ezra Woodbury
Carpenter
& his wife Mary Knight
1877

Carlton St._17.pdf
Built for Margaret Ellison Bray - Widow c. 1808

17.5 River Street.pdf
Built for
Ann McMahon
Widow
of County Clare Ireland
1884

Federal St._170.pdf
Built for James Braden, currier and tanner

Federal St._177-179.pdf
Built for William Shepard Gray, cashier of the Essex Bank

18 Chestnut Street - Final.pdf
Built for
James B. Bott
c. 1800
Home of
Nathaniel Hawthorne
1846-1847

Crombie St._18.pdf
The William Pike House. Built for Samuel Ferguson, painter, by 1831

Webb St._18.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader, by 1840

Williams St._18.pdf
Built by Benjamin Crombie, housewright by 1800

Winter St._18.pdf
Reverend James Conway, 1848 (pastor, st. Mary’s Church)

Flint St._19.pdf
Built for Leonard Harrington, leather dealer, 1871

Fowler St._19.pdf
Built for James C. Stimpson, tanner, c. 1850
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2