Browse Items (240 total)

  • Tags: Massachusetts

18 Chestnut Street - Final.pdf
Built for
James B. Bott
c. 1800
Home of
Nathaniel Hawthorne
1846-1847

112 Bay View Avenue - Final.pdf
Built for
Fidelia & Matthew Robson
Currier
c. 1885

4 Cousins Street (Final).pdf
Built for
Joseph “Frank” & Mary Boynton
Clothier: Kent & Boynton; Cape Ann Clothing Co.
1894; rebuilt 1910

Built on the former estate of
Philip & Mary English (née Hollingsworth)
Maritime Merchant & Salem Selectman
Accused of Witchcraft,…

11 Daniels Street - Final.pdf
Built for
the Grafton family
before 1806

166-168 Bridge Street - Final Report.pdf
Built for
Ezra Woodbury
Carpenter
& his wife Mary Knight
1877

17.5 River Street.pdf
Built for
Ann McMahon
Widow
of County Clare Ireland
1884

4 Andrew Street.pdf
Built as a stable for
Isabella C. Miller
1877
Converted to dwelling
after Great Salem Fire
1914

7 Prescott Street.pdf
Built by
Giuseppe Giunta
Gardener
1916

14 Herbert Street Final.pdf
Built for
Antonina and John Boltrukiewicz
Machine Painter
1912

47 Essex Street .pdf
Built for
J. Lovett Whipple
Wheelwright
c. 1854

84 Federal Street with Deeds.pdf
Built for
Lois E. Mooney and Alvin J. Mooney,
Conductor of Boston & Maine Railroad
1899

HSI-32 Forrester.pdf
Built for
Lizzie and Samuel Frank Masury
Tobacconist
1884

11 Pickman Street.pdf
Built by John S. Edwards, Housewright c. 1834

Howard_34.pdf
Built c. 1843-1845 for James Trask, Postman

River_16.pdf
Built in 1787 for Robert Wallis, cabinet maker. Later was home of William Knight, Cordwainer, Joseph N. Smith, Cordwainer, Alice (Poor) Ross, widow, William Phelps Jr., joiner, and Michael Little, laborer.

Warren St._11.pdf
Documents provided are of research conducted on house; formal house history unavailable.

Northery St._30pdf.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Appleton, Jr. c. 1809

Crombie St._18.pdf
The William Pike House. Built for Samuel Ferguson, painter, by 1831

Daniels St._2.pdf
Built 1906 for Mrs. Elizabeth Stevenson (plaque has more wording than this)

Flint St._19.pdf
Built for Leonard Harrington, leather dealer, 1871

Central St._4-10 and Essex St._ 193-195.pdf
Built in 1805 for the Merchants B. Herbert Hathorne and W. Shepard Gray

Central St._4-10 and Essex St._ 193-195.pdf
Built in 1805 for the Merchants B. Herbert Hathorne and W. Shepard Gray

Carpenter St._7.pdf
Built as the Orphanage of the Seamen’s Orphans & Children’s Friend Society 1878

Carlton St._17.pdf
Built for Margaret Ellison Bray - Widow c. 1808

Pleasant_15.pdf
Built by Abraham Towle, carpenter c. 1864

Clark_28.pdf
Built in 1984 for Ernest and Phyllis Dearborn

Essex St._64-68 and 70 Washington Square East (1).pdf
Built 1893 for Zina Goodell, machinist, inventor

Essex St._53.pdf
Owned by Rebecca Silsbee, moved to this site by 1843

English St._34.pdf
Built by Robert Hill, boatbuilder, in 1812. The land originally contained a house built in 1688 by Mary and Thomas Mascoll on land given them by the original poprietor (Mary's father), mariner Joseph Swasey. This house was eventually divided in two…

English St._30.pdf
Built for widow Martha Rice c. 1800. In 1798 Martha Rice, "administratrix of the estate of David Hilliard," sold to John Becket and then re-purchased the "east end of dwelling house and small plot of land" on this site. According to Dr. Bentley's…

Federal St._63.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Treadwell, leather manufacturer

Fort Ave._155.pdf
Built for William G. Cochrane, manufacturer in 1909

Linden St._29.pdf
Built 1894 for Elizabeth A Winn, widow, by Eben H. Morse, carpenter

Lynde St._25.pdf
Captain James Barr, mariner, 1759; Documentation there, narrative missing

Mall St._1.pdf
Circa 1800. Moved here from unknown location in 1906 by Francis Ann Perley

Mall St._14.pdf
Has a non-HSI plaque; Built for Peter Edgerly, truckman, 1824

North Pine St._4.pdf
Moved to the lot by 1851 by Nathaniel Frothingham, Jr. and James C. Stimpson

North Pine St._7-9-11-13.pdf
Built by Edward F. Danforth and Devereux Dennis Carpenters & Builders in 1868

North Pine St._8.pdf
House of Nathaniel Frothingham, stove & tinware dealer by 1851

Northey St._9.pdf
Built by 1874 for Frederick Lamson “Florist & Seedman” The Woodbury House”

Northey St._14.pdf
Built by Jeremiah Hale, housewright, for James Short, cooper in 1839

Northey St._20.pdf
Built for William Nichols, mariner 1838. Rebuilt c. 1885 for Asahel Quimby, railroad Engineer

Oliver St._10.pdf
Built for Benjamin Cheever, Tanner by 1781; moved to this site in 1878

Oliver St._22.pdf
Built for Lydia Griffin & Captain Nathanial Griffin, Treas. Naumkeag Steam Cotton Mills, 1858

Orne St._91.pdf
Built for Benjamin Peters, Fisherman & Coaster 1762 (formerly 30 North Street)

Parker Ct._3.pdf
Built for William Parker, merchant by 1831
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2