Browse Items (290 total)

  • Tags: Salem

Mall St._1.pdf
Circa 1800. Moved here from unknown location in 1906 by Francis Ann Perley

Mall St._14.pdf
Has a non-HSI plaque; Built for Peter Edgerly, truckman, 1824

North Pine St._4.pdf
Moved to the lot by 1851 by Nathaniel Frothingham, Jr. and James C. Stimpson

North Pine St._7-9-11-13.pdf
Built by Edward F. Danforth and Devereux Dennis Carpenters & Builders in 1868

North Pine St._8.pdf
House of Nathaniel Frothingham, stove & tinware dealer by 1851

Northey St._9.pdf
Built by 1874 for Frederick Lamson “Florist & Seedman” The Woodbury House”

Northey St._14.pdf
Built by Jeremiah Hale, housewright, for James Short, cooper in 1839

20 Northey St., Salem HSI Report.pdf
Built for William Nichols, mariner 1838. Rebuilt c. 1885 for Asahel Quimby, railroad Engineer

Oliver St._10.pdf
Built for Benjamin Cheever, Tanner by 1781; moved to this site in 1878

Oliver St._22.pdf
Built for Lydia Griffin & Captain Nathanial Griffin, Treas. Naumkeag Steam Cotton Mills, 1858

Orne St._91.pdf
Built for Benjamin Peters, Fisherman & Coaster 1762 (formerly 30 North Street)

Parker Ct._3.pdf
Built for William Parker, merchant by 1831

Pickman St._22.pdf
Built 1886 for John H. Davis, junk dealer

Pickman St._23.pdf
Built for Alice M. Tilton & her sisters between 1887 and 1890

Phillips St._4.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader in 1840, Shop of Henry Balcomb, carpenter 1860, Altered to a dwelling house in 1868

Rawlins St._6.pdf
Built for James O’Connell, Shopkeeper & Currier 1868 House used as a combined residence and liquor store and saloon in 1870’s & 1880’s

Lafayette St._452.pdf
Benjamin G. Hathaway, carpenter, 1874

Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable

Lafayette St._255.pdf
Built for William S. Messervy, Tenth Mayor of Salem in 1868

Kosciusko St._11.pdf
Moved to this site in 1856, by John Durgin, peddler

Kosciusko St._6.pdf
Probably 18th century warehouse moved to this site circa 1870

Rice St._16.pdf
Built for Frances E. Rae + Maria E. Dexter circa 1873

Holly St. 13_15.pdf
Plaque was granted after research was presented by homeowner; no formal house history on record.

13 Holly Street:
Built in 1915 for Hattie and Frank Brennan, dairy merchant

15 Holly Street:
Built in 1915 for Annie & Harry Fitch, dairy…

Highland Ave._90.pdf
Built for John M. Anderson, manufacturer c. 1870 on the site of a house built for him in 1856

Hathorne St._26.pdf
Moved to this site ca. 1890 for Deborah Arrington, singlewoman

Hardy St._6.pdf
Built for Daniel C. Bowditch, shipwright 1844

Hardy St._5.pdf
Built for “Skipper” Richard Valpy, Fisherman, circa 1765
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2