Browse Items (167 total)

  • Tags: Street

1 Essex Street FINAL .pdf
Built by
James Fanning
Carpenter
c. 1894

Gardner St._1.pdf
Built for Arthur L. Averill, Lawyer 1916. On site of house built for James W. Averill, House Painter, 1895 (burned 1914)

Hamilton St._1.pdf
Built for Benjamin Brown, apothecary in 1844

Hamilton St._10.pdf
Built for John Wilson, stonecutter in 1879

107 Bridge Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Benjamin Chever Jr.
1799
Home of Capt. Josiah P. Creesy &
Eleanor Prentiss Creesy
of Clipper Ship “Flying Cloud”

11 Daniels Street - Final.pdf
Built for
the Grafton family
before 1806

Kosciusko St._11.pdf
Moved to this site in 1856, by John Durgin, peddler

11 Pickman Street.pdf
Built by John S. Edwards, Housewright c. 1834

Warren St._11.pdf
Documents provided are of research conducted on house; formal house history unavailable.

Winter St._11.pdf
Built for Ephraim Brown Jr. Registrar of Deeds 1868. Lord & Fuller Architects

Holly St. 13_15.pdf
Plaque was granted after research was presented by homeowner; no formal house history on record.

13 Holly Street:
Built in 1915 for Hattie and Frank Brennan, dairy merchant

15 Holly Street:
Built in 1915 for Annie & Harry Fitch, dairy…

130 Bridge Street FINAL.pdf
Built by
Moses Hale
Carpenter
1804
Home of Capt. Joseph Beadle
Master Mariner
1825

14 Herbert Street Final.pdf
Built for
Antonina and John Boltrukiewicz
Machine Painter
1912

144-146 Federal Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Capt. Thomas Whittredge
Shipmaster
and his wife
Sarah Whittredge
c. 1802

Fort Ave._155.pdf
Built for William G. Cochrane, manufacturer in 1909

16 Cross Street - FINAL.pdf
Built for
John F. Wells
Railroad Carpenter
and his wife
Maria L. Weeks
in 1876

16 Pickman Street FINAL.pdf
Built as a
Double House by
David Lord
Housewright
1806

Rice St._16.pdf
Built for Frances E. Rae + Maria E. Dexter circa 1873

Winter St._16.pdf
Built for Edward Payson, cashier and his wife Amelia in 1845

166-168 Bridge Street - Final Report.pdf
Built for
Ezra Woodbury
Carpenter
& his wife Mary Knight
1877

Carlton St._17.pdf
Built for Margaret Ellison Bray - Widow c. 1808

17.5 River Street.pdf
Built for
Ann McMahon
Widow
of County Clare Ireland
1884

Federal St._177-179.pdf
Built for William Shepard Gray, cashier of the Essex Bank

18 Chestnut Street - Final.pdf
Built for
James B. Bott
c. 1800
Home of
Nathaniel Hawthorne
1846-1847

Crombie St._18.pdf
The William Pike House. Built for Samuel Ferguson, painter, by 1831

Webb St._18.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader, by 1840

Williams St._18.pdf
Built by Benjamin Crombie, housewright by 1800

Winter St._18.pdf
Reverend James Conway, 1848 (pastor, st. Mary’s Church)

Flint St._19.pdf
Built for Leonard Harrington, leather dealer, 1871

Fowler St._19.pdf
Built for James C. Stimpson, tanner, c. 1850

19 North Street FINAL.pdf
Built as a
medical office for
Dr. John G. Treadwell
in 1852
Remodeled for
J. F. Appleton
in 1893

Central St._4-10 and Essex St._ 193-195.pdf
Built in 1805 for the Merchants B. Herbert Hathorne and W. Shepard Gray

198 North Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Henry Chew
A free man of color
Mariner
c. 1834

Daniels St._2.pdf
Built 1906 for Mrs. Elizabeth Stevenson (plaque has more wording than this)

2-4 Emerton FINAL.pdf
Built for
James A. Gillis
Counsellor
by 1894

Pickman St._22.pdf
Built 1886 for John H. Davis, junk dealer

Williams St._22.pdf
Probably built by Peter Woodbury, housewright, 1801 or after

23 Briggs Street - FINAL.pdf
Built for
John Goodhue
Fisherman
and his wife
Anna Preston
c. 1740

Pickman St._23.pdf
Built for Alice M. Tilton & her sisters between 1887 and 1890

Washington St._236.pdf
Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable.

24 Buffum Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Ernest F. Symonds
Book-keeper
Descendant of James Symonds
Renowned 17th-century furniture maker
Built in 1897 on land granted to John Symonds,
a master joiner from Norfolk, England

Grove St._24.pdf
Built by Henry W. Balcomb, carpenter in 1871

25 Warren Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Dennis Brady
Currier
c. 1870

Lafayette St._255.pdf
Built for William S. Messervy, Tenth Mayor of Salem in 1868

Hathorne St._26.pdf
Moved to this site ca. 1890 for Deborah Arrington, singlewoman

Winter St._26.pdf
Built for Joseph Story, lawyer, politician & Judge of the United States Supreme Court 1811

Franklin St._27.pdf
House was moved to this location from 89 North Street in 1945. Built between 19th and 20th century by Christopher McGrane

28 Arbella.pdf
Built for
Sarah H. Plummer &
William H. Plummer
Shoemaker
c. 1873

29 Dearborn Street - FINAL.pdf
Built for
Walter T. Berry
Grocer
& his wife
Adelaide S. Warner
in 1911
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2