Browse Items (172 total)

  • Tags: History

1 Essex Street FINAL .pdf
Built by
James Fanning
Carpenter
c. 1894

1 Gedney Court FINAL.pdf
Built for the heirs of
George S. Arrington
Policeman
1886

Mall St._1.pdf
Circa 1800. Moved here from unknown location in 1906 by Francis Ann Perley

Flint_10.PDF
Built in 1915 for Charles Blunt, plumber, and wife Elizabeth. Replaced home burned in Great Salem Fire of 1914. On original foundation from 1839 house built for Joseph Wallis, cabinet maker

Oliver St._10.pdf
Built for Benjamin Cheever, Tanner by 1781; moved to this site in 1878

107 Bridge Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Benjamin Chever Jr.
1799
Home of Capt. Josiah P. Creesy &
Eleanor Prentiss Creesy
of Clipper Ship “Flying Cloud”

11 Daniels Street - Final.pdf
Built for
the Grafton family
before 1806

11 Pickman Street.pdf
Built by John S. Edwards, Housewright c. 1834

Warren St._11.pdf
Documents provided are of research conducted on house; formal house history unavailable.

Winter St._11.pdf
Built for Ephraim Brown Jr. Registrar of Deeds 1868. Lord & Fuller Architects

112 Bay View Avenue - Final.pdf
Built for
Fidelia & Matthew Robson
Currier
c. 1885

126 Bay View.pdf
Built for
Alfred Peabody
Merchant
c. 1876

130 Bridge Street FINAL.pdf
Built by
Moses Hale
Carpenter
1804
Home of Capt. Joseph Beadle
Master Mariner
1825

14 Beach Avenue FINAL.pdf
Built for
Abel Webster
Massachusetts State Representative
from Lawrence
Iron Founder
c. 1880

14 Herbert Street Final.pdf
Built for
Antonina and John Boltrukiewicz
Machine Painter
1912

Mall St._14.pdf
Has a non-HSI plaque; Built for Peter Edgerly, truckman, 1824

Northey St._14.pdf
Built by Jeremiah Hale, housewright, for James Short, cooper in 1839

144-146 Federal Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Capt. Thomas Whittredge
Shipmaster
and his wife
Sarah Whittredge
c. 1802

16 Cross Street - FINAL.pdf
Built for
John F. Wells
Railroad Carpenter
and his wife
Maria L. Weeks
in 1876

16 Pickman Street FINAL.pdf
Built as a
Double House by
David Lord
Housewright
1806

Rice St._16.pdf
Built for Frances E. Rae + Maria E. Dexter circa 1873

Winter St._16.pdf
Built for Edward Payson, cashier and his wife Amelia in 1845

North_161.PDF
John Dunckley, blacksmith, c. 1802

166-168 Bridge Street - Final Report.pdf
Built for
Ezra Woodbury
Carpenter
& his wife Mary Knight
1877

Carlton St._17.pdf
Built for Margaret Ellison Bray - Widow c. 1808

17.5 River Street.pdf
Built for
Ann McMahon
Widow
of County Clare Ireland
1884

18 Chestnut Street - Final.pdf
Built for
James B. Bott
c. 1800
Home of
Nathaniel Hawthorne
1846-1847

Crombie St._18.pdf
The William Pike House. Built for Samuel Ferguson, painter, by 1831

Webb St._18.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader, by 1840

Williams St._18.pdf
Built by Benjamin Crombie, housewright by 1800

Winter St._18.pdf
Reverend James Conway, 1848 (pastor, st. Mary’s Church)

Flint St._19.pdf
Built for Leonard Harrington, leather dealer, 1871

19 North Street FINAL.pdf
Built as a
medical office for
Dr. John G. Treadwell
in 1852
Remodeled for
J. F. Appleton
in 1893

Central St._4-10 and Essex St._ 193-195.pdf
Built in 1805 for the Merchants B. Herbert Hathorne and W. Shepard Gray

198 North Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Henry Chew
A free man of color
Mariner
c. 1834

Daniels St._2.pdf
Built 1906 for Mrs. Elizabeth Stevenson (plaque has more wording than this)

2 Sutton Avenue FINAL.pdf
Built for
Frances Tabour
Wife of
William Tabour
Cigar Manufacturer
c. 1880

2-4 Emerton FINAL.pdf
Built for
James A. Gillis
Counsellor
by 1894

20 Northey St., Salem HSI Report.pdf
Built for William Nichols, mariner 1838. Rebuilt c. 1885 for Asahel Quimby, railroad Engineer

Oliver St._22.pdf
Built for Lydia Griffin & Captain Nathanial Griffin, Treas. Naumkeag Steam Cotton Mills, 1858

Pickman St._22.pdf
Built 1886 for John H. Davis, junk dealer

Williams St._22.pdf
Probably built by Peter Woodbury, housewright, 1801 or after

23 Briggs Street - FINAL.pdf
Built for
John Goodhue
Fisherman
and his wife
Anna Preston
c. 1740

Pickman St._23.pdf
Built for Alice M. Tilton & her sisters between 1887 and 1890

Washington St._236.pdf
Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable.

24 Buffum Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Ernest F. Symonds
Book-keeper
Descendant of James Symonds
Renowned 17th-century furniture maker
Built in 1897 on land granted to John Symonds,
a master joiner from Norfolk, England

25 Beach Avenue FINAL.pdf
Built for
Harriet F. Perkins
Widow of
Salem City Alderman
Fitz W. Perkins
1896

Lynde St._25.pdf
Captain James Barr, mariner, 1759; Documentation there, narrative missing

25 Warren Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Dennis Brady
Currier
c. 1870
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2