314 Essex Street, Salem, Massachusetts 01970

Title

314 Essex Street, Salem, Massachusetts 01970

Subject

House history

Description

Built for spinster Mary Lindall in 1755; the land was owned by Mary Lindall and her orphaned niece, Elizabeth Gray, both Curwen/Corwin relatives. The house was later owned by Capt. William Osgood, whose daughter Susan lived there until 1920. In 1947 it was purchased by the American Red Cross to use as their Salem Chapter House.

Creator

Historic Salem, Inc.

Source

Historic Salem, Inc. house histories

Publisher

Historic Salem, Inc.; Salem Historical Society

Date

Built 1755; researched 1969.

Contributor

Researched by Sally Dee.

Language

English

Files

Essex St._314.pdf

Collection

Citation

Historic Salem, Inc., “314 Essex Street, Salem, Massachusetts 01970,” House Histories of Salem, accessed November 14, 2019, https://hsihousehistory.omeka.net/items/show/300.

Output Formats

Geolocation

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>