Browse Items (167 total)

  • Tags: Street

Winter St._11.pdf
Built for Ephraim Brown Jr. Registrar of Deeds 1868. Lord & Fuller Architects

Winthrop St._48.pdf
Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable

Winter St._26.pdf
Built for Joseph Story, lawyer, politician & Judge of the United States Supreme Court 1811

Winter St._18.pdf
Reverend James Conway, 1848 (pastor, st. Mary’s Church)

Winter St._16.pdf
Built for Edward Payson, cashier and his wife Amelia in 1845

Winter St._8_10.pdf
Built by Israel Woodbury, housewright & James Needham, Tobacconist in 1830

Winter St._7.pdf
Built for Joseph H. Leavitt, innkeeper in 1875

Williams St._22.pdf
Probably built by Peter Woodbury, housewright, 1801 or after

Williams St._18.pdf
Built by Benjamin Crombie, housewright by 1800

Webb St._89.pdf
Built for James F. Greenleaf, car builder in 1874

Webb St._77.pdf
Built for Robert F. Barr, Superintendent, Salem Lead Mills in 1886

Webb St._18.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader, by 1840

Washington St._236.pdf
Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable.

River St._6.pdf
Built for William Ferguson, taylor in 1790

River St._4.pdf
Built by Daniel Bancroft Jr. Housewright in 1806

Federal St._177-179.pdf
Built for William Shepard Gray, cashier of the Essex Bank

Federal St._78.pdf
House and shop belonging to the Sprague Brewery

Federal St._88.pdf
Built for Joseph Hilliard, shipmaster and carter

Federal St._95-97.pdf
Built for George C. Shreve, jewelry merchant

Forrester St._7.pdf
Built for Charles L. Whipple, coal and wood dealer in 1886

Forrester St._8.pdf
Daniel B. Lord, carpenter for Edmund Yasinski, Tabacconist 1888

Fowler St._19.pdf
Built for James C. Stimpson, tanner, c. 1850

Franklin St._27.pdf
House was moved to this location from 89 North Street in 1945. Built between 19th and 20th century by Christopher McGrane

Gardner St._1.pdf
Built for Arthur L. Averill, Lawyer 1916. On site of house built for James W. Averill, House Painter, 1895 (burned 1914)

Grove St._24.pdf
Built by Henry W. Balcomb, carpenter in 1871

Hamilton St._1.pdf
Built for Benjamin Brown, apothecary in 1844

Hamilton St._7.pdf
Built for Henry Perkins Benson, cotton dealer in 1898

Hamilton St._10.pdf
Built for John Wilson, stonecutter in 1879

Hardy St._5.pdf
Built for “Skipper” Richard Valpy, Fisherman, circa 1765

Hardy St._6.pdf
Built for Daniel C. Bowditch, shipwright 1844

Hathorne St._26.pdf
Moved to this site ca. 1890 for Deborah Arrington, singlewoman

Holly St. 13_15.pdf
Plaque was granted after research was presented by homeowner; no formal house history on record.

13 Holly Street:
Built in 1915 for Hattie and Frank Brennan, dairy merchant

15 Holly Street:
Built in 1915 for Annie & Harry Fitch, dairy…

Rice St._16.pdf
Built for Frances E. Rae + Maria E. Dexter circa 1873

Kosciusko St._6.pdf
Probably 18th century warehouse moved to this site circa 1870

Kosciusko St._11.pdf
Moved to this site in 1856, by John Durgin, peddler

Lafayette St._255.pdf
Built for William S. Messervy, Tenth Mayor of Salem in 1868

Lafayette St._452.pdf
Benjamin G. Hathaway, carpenter, 1874

Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable

Rawlins St._6.pdf
Built for James O’Connell, Shopkeeper & Currier 1868 House used as a combined residence and liquor store and saloon in 1870’s & 1880’s
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2