Browse Items (167 total)

  • Tags: Street

Phillips St._4.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader in 1840, Shop of Henry Balcomb, carpenter 1860, Altered to a dwelling house in 1868

Pickman St._23.pdf
Built for Alice M. Tilton & her sisters between 1887 and 1890

Pickman St._22.pdf
Built 1886 for John H. Davis, junk dealer

Orne St._91.pdf
Built for Benjamin Peters, Fisherman & Coaster 1762 (formerly 30 North Street)

Fort Ave._155.pdf
Built for William G. Cochrane, manufacturer in 1909

Federal St._63.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Treadwell, leather manufacturer

Essex St._53.pdf
Owned by Rebecca Silsbee, moved to this site by 1843

Essex St._64-68 and 70 Washington Square East (1).pdf
Built 1893 for Zina Goodell, machinist, inventor

Carlton St._17.pdf
Built for Margaret Ellison Bray - Widow c. 1808

Carpenter St._7.pdf
Built as the Orphanage of the Seamen’s Orphans & Children’s Friend Society 1878

Central St._4-10 and Essex St._ 193-195.pdf
Built in 1805 for the Merchants B. Herbert Hathorne and W. Shepard Gray

Central St._4-10 and Essex St._ 193-195.pdf
Built in 1805 for the Merchants B. Herbert Hathorne and W. Shepard Gray

Flint St._19.pdf
Built for Leonard Harrington, leather dealer, 1871

Daniels St._2.pdf
Built 1906 for Mrs. Elizabeth Stevenson (plaque has more wording than this)

Crombie St._18.pdf
The William Pike House. Built for Samuel Ferguson, painter, by 1831

Northery St._30pdf.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Appleton, Jr. c. 1809

Warren St._11.pdf
Documents provided are of research conducted on house; formal house history unavailable.

11 Pickman Street.pdf
Built by John S. Edwards, Housewright c. 1834

HSI-32 Forrester.pdf
Built for
Lizzie and Samuel Frank Masury
Tobacconist
1884

84 Federal Street with Deeds.pdf
Built for
Lois E. Mooney and Alvin J. Mooney,
Conductor of Boston & Maine Railroad
1899

47 Essex Street .pdf
Built for
J. Lovett Whipple
Wheelwright
c. 1854

14 Herbert Street Final.pdf
Built for
Antonina and John Boltrukiewicz
Machine Painter
1912

7 Prescott Street.pdf
Built by
Giuseppe Giunta
Gardener
1916

4 Andrew Street.pdf
Built as a stable for
Isabella C. Miller
1877
Converted to dwelling
after Great Salem Fire
1914

17.5 River Street.pdf
Built for
Ann McMahon
Widow
of County Clare Ireland
1884

166-168 Bridge Street - Final Report.pdf
Built for
Ezra Woodbury
Carpenter
& his wife Mary Knight
1877

11 Daniels Street - Final.pdf
Built for
the Grafton family
before 1806

4 Cousins Street (Final).pdf
Built for
Joseph “Frank” & Mary Boynton
Clothier: Kent & Boynton; Cape Ann Clothing Co.
1894; rebuilt 1910

Built on the former estate of
Philip & Mary English (née Hollingsworth)
Maritime Merchant & Salem Selectman
Accused of Witchcraft,…

18 Chestnut Street - Final.pdf
Built for
James B. Bott
c. 1800
Home of
Nathaniel Hawthorne
1846-1847

9 Albion Street.pdf
Built by
Benjamin Voller
Laborer
1848

31 Appleton Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Laura Lamprey
& her husband
Reuben Lamprey
Heel Manufacturer
c. 1889

198 North Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Henry Chew
A free man of color
Mariner
c. 1834

8 Chestnut Street FINAL.pdf
Built by
Daniel Gregg
Housewright
c. 1804-1805
Expanded or rebuilt by
John Stone
Between 1825-1839

144-146 Federal Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Capt. Thomas Whittredge
Shipmaster
and his wife
Sarah Whittredge
c. 1802

86 Federal Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Robert Peele Jr.
Tailor
and his wife
Elizabeth Ropes
1769

386 Essex Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Willard Goldthwaite
Merchant
1868

58 Endicott Street FINAL 4-3-19.pdf
Original house built for
Jesse S. Punchard
1846
Rebuilt after
the Great Salem Fire
June 1914

25 Warren Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Dennis Brady
Currier
c. 1870

52 Essex St FINAL.pdf
Built for
Daniel Sage
Mariner and Merchant
c. 1800

4 Carpenter Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
the Nichols family
c. 1905
Designed by
Ernest Machado
Architect

1 Essex Street FINAL .pdf
Built by
James Fanning
Carpenter
c. 1894

Industrial & Social Development of Boston Street.pdf
The Industrial and Social Development of Boston Street, Salem

29 Dearborn Street - FINAL.pdf
Built for
Walter T. Berry
Grocer
& his wife
Adelaide S. Warner
in 1911

2-4 Emerton FINAL.pdf
Built for
James A. Gillis
Counsellor
by 1894

28 Arbella.pdf
Built for
Sarah H. Plummer &
William H. Plummer
Shoemaker
c. 1873

34 Summer Street FINAL.pdf
Built by
John Perkins
Housewright
c. 1839

16 Pickman Street FINAL.pdf
Built as a
Double House by
David Lord
Housewright
1806

107 Bridge Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Benjamin Chever Jr.
1799
Home of Capt. Josiah P. Creesy &
Eleanor Prentiss Creesy
of Clipper Ship “Flying Cloud”

130 Bridge Street FINAL.pdf
Built by
Moses Hale
Carpenter
1804
Home of Capt. Joseph Beadle
Master Mariner
1825

360 Essex Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Capt. Emery S. Johnson
Shipmaster & Merchant
Spring 1853

23 Briggs Street - FINAL.pdf
Built for
John Goodhue
Fisherman
and his wife
Anna Preston
c. 1740

16 Cross Street - FINAL.pdf
Built for
John F. Wells
Railroad Carpenter
and his wife
Maria L. Weeks
in 1876

69 Summer Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
George W. Fuller
Retailer
and his wife
Harriet Guy Fuller
in 1914

19 North Street FINAL.pdf
Built as a
medical office for
Dr. John G. Treadwell
in 1852
Remodeled for
J. F. Appleton
in 1893

24 Buffum Street FINAL.pdf
Built for
Ernest F. Symonds
Book-keeper
Descendant of James Symonds
Renowned 17th-century furniture maker
Built in 1897 on land granted to John Symonds,
a master joiner from Norfolk, England
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2