Browse Items (277 total)

  • Tags: Salem

Flint_10.PDF
Built in 1915 for Charles Blunt, plumber, and wife Elizabeth. Replaced home burned in Great Salem Fire of 1914. On original foundation from 1839 house built for Joseph Wallis, cabinet maker

North_161.PDF
John Dunckley, blacksmith, c. 1802

Pleasant_15.pdf
Built by Abraham Towle, carpenter c. 1864

Winter St._11.pdf
Built for Ephraim Brown Jr. Registrar of Deeds 1868. Lord & Fuller Architects

Woodbury Court_4.pdf
Israel Woodbury, housewright, 1830.

Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable.

Winthrop St._48.pdf
Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable

Winter St._26.pdf
Built for Joseph Story, lawyer, politician & Judge of the United States Supreme Court 1811

Winter St._18.pdf
Reverend James Conway, 1848 (pastor, st. Mary’s Church)

Winter St._16.pdf
Built for Edward Payson, cashier and his wife Amelia in 1845

Winter St._8_10.pdf
Built by Israel Woodbury, housewright & James Needham, Tobacconist in 1830

Winter St._7.pdf
Built for Joseph H. Leavitt, innkeeper in 1875

Williams St._22.pdf
Probably built by Peter Woodbury, housewright, 1801 or after

Williams St._18.pdf
Built by Benjamin Crombie, housewright by 1800

Webb St._89.pdf
Built for James F. Greenleaf, car builder in 1874

Webb St._77.pdf
Built for Robert F. Barr, Superintendent, Salem Lead Mills in 1886

Webb St._18.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader, by 1840

Washington St._236.pdf
Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable.

Turner St._53-55.pdf
Built as the gum copal factory for Jonathan Whipple, manufacturer, 1840. Converted to a residence c. 1870

Turner St._21.pdf
Built for John Ellison, mariner in 1779

River St._6.pdf
Built for William Ferguson, taylor in 1790

River St._4.pdf
Built by Daniel Bancroft Jr. Housewright in 1806

Derby St._155.pdf
Built 1911. Researched by Marcia Cini, 1984. Macris, no HH.

Federal St._170.pdf
Built for James Braden, currier and tanner

Federal St._177-179.pdf
Built for William Shepard Gray, cashier of the Essex Bank

Federal St._78.pdf
House and shop belonging to the Sprague Brewery

Federal St._88.pdf
Built for Joseph Hilliard, shipmaster and carter

Federal St._95-97.pdf
Built for George C. Shreve, jewelry merchant

Forrester St._2-4.pdf
Built for John H. and Joseph M. Parsons, masons and stucco workers

Forest Ave._6.pdf
Built for Martha O. Howes, secretary, and Martha L. Roberts, lawyer

Forrester St._7.pdf
Built for Charles L. Whipple, coal and wood dealer in 1886

Forrester St._8.pdf
Daniel B. Lord, carpenter for Edmund Yasinski, Tabacconist 1888

Fowler St._19.pdf
Built for James C. Stimpson, tanner, c. 1850

Franklin St._27.pdf
House was moved to this location from 89 North Street in 1945. Built between 19th and 20th century by Christopher McGrane

Gardner St._1.pdf
Built for Arthur L. Averill, Lawyer 1916. On site of house built for James W. Averill, House Painter, 1895 (burned 1914)

Gerrish Place_1-2-3.pdf
Built by The Salem Charitable Building Association in 1849

Gifford Court_6.pdf
Built for William H. Haskell, shoemaker & Civil War Veteran in 1879

Gifford Court_12.pdf
Built as Seamen’s Orphan & Children’s Friend Society, c. 1887

Grove St._24.pdf
Built by Henry W. Balcomb, carpenter in 1871

Hamilton St._1.pdf
Built for Benjamin Brown, apothecary in 1844

Hamilton St._7.pdf
Built for Henry Perkins Benson, cotton dealer in 1898

Hamilton St._10.pdf
Built for John Wilson, stonecutter in 1879

Hardy St._5.pdf
Built for “Skipper” Richard Valpy, Fisherman, circa 1765

Hardy St._6.pdf
Built for Daniel C. Bowditch, shipwright 1844
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2