Browse Items (172 total)

  • Tags: House

Winter St._18.pdf
Reverend James Conway, 1848 (pastor, st. Mary’s Church)

Winter St._16.pdf
Built for Edward Payson, cashier and his wife Amelia in 1845

Winter St._11.pdf
Built for Ephraim Brown Jr. Registrar of Deeds 1868. Lord & Fuller Architects

Winter St._8_10.pdf
Built by Israel Woodbury, housewright & James Needham, Tobacconist in 1830

Winter St._7.pdf
Built for Joseph H. Leavitt, innkeeper in 1875

Williams St._22.pdf
Probably built by Peter Woodbury, housewright, 1801 or after

Williams St._18.pdf
Built by Benjamin Crombie, housewright by 1800

Webb St._89.pdf
Built for James F. Greenleaf, car builder in 1874

Webb St._77.pdf
Built for Robert F. Barr, Superintendent, Salem Lead Mills in 1886

Webb St._18.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader, by 1840

Washington St._236.pdf
Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable.

River St._6.pdf
Built for William Ferguson, taylor in 1790

River St._4.pdf
Built by Daniel Bancroft Jr. Housewright in 1806

Rice St._16.pdf
Built for Frances E. Rae + Maria E. Dexter circa 1873

Rawlins St._6.pdf
Built for James O’Connell, Shopkeeper & Currier 1868 House used as a combined residence and liquor store and saloon in 1870’s & 1880’s

Phillips St._4.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader in 1840, Shop of Henry Balcomb, carpenter 1860, Altered to a dwelling house in 1868

Pickman St._23.pdf
Built for Alice M. Tilton & her sisters between 1887 and 1890

Pickman St._22.pdf
Built 1886 for John H. Davis, junk dealer

Parker Ct._3.pdf
Built for William Parker, merchant by 1831

Orne St._91.pdf
Built for Benjamin Peters, Fisherman & Coaster 1762 (formerly 30 North Street)

Oliver St._22.pdf
Built for Lydia Griffin & Captain Nathanial Griffin, Treas. Naumkeag Steam Cotton Mills, 1858

Oliver St._10.pdf
Built for Benjamin Cheever, Tanner by 1781; moved to this site in 1878

20 Northey St., Salem HSI Report.pdf
Built for William Nichols, mariner 1838. Rebuilt c. 1885 for Asahel Quimby, railroad Engineer

Northey St._14.pdf
Built by Jeremiah Hale, housewright, for James Short, cooper in 1839

Northey St._9.pdf
Built by 1874 for Frederick Lamson “Florist & Seedman” The Woodbury House”

North Pine St._8.pdf
House of Nathaniel Frothingham, stove & tinware dealer by 1851

North Pine St._7-9-11-13.pdf
Built by Edward F. Danforth and Devereux Dennis Carpenters & Builders in 1868

North Pine St._4.pdf
Moved to the lot by 1851 by Nathaniel Frothingham, Jr. and James C. Stimpson

Mall St._14.pdf
Has a non-HSI plaque; Built for Peter Edgerly, truckman, 1824

Mall St._1.pdf
Circa 1800. Moved here from unknown location in 1906 by Francis Ann Perley
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2