Browse Items (172 total)

  • Tags: History

Flint_10.PDF
Built in 1915 for Charles Blunt, plumber, and wife Elizabeth. Replaced home burned in Great Salem Fire of 1914. On original foundation from 1839 house built for Joseph Wallis, cabinet maker

North_161.PDF
John Dunckley, blacksmith, c. 1802

Winter St._11.pdf
Built for Ephraim Brown Jr. Registrar of Deeds 1868. Lord & Fuller Architects

Winter St._18.pdf
Reverend James Conway, 1848 (pastor, st. Mary’s Church)

Winter St._16.pdf
Built for Edward Payson, cashier and his wife Amelia in 1845

Winter St._8_10.pdf
Built by Israel Woodbury, housewright & James Needham, Tobacconist in 1830

Winter St._7.pdf
Built for Joseph H. Leavitt, innkeeper in 1875

Williams St._22.pdf
Probably built by Peter Woodbury, housewright, 1801 or after

Williams St._18.pdf
Built by Benjamin Crombie, housewright by 1800

Webb St._89.pdf
Built for James F. Greenleaf, car builder in 1874

Webb St._77.pdf
Built for Robert F. Barr, Superintendent, Salem Lead Mills in 1886

Webb St._18.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader, by 1840

Washington St._236.pdf
Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable.

River St._6.pdf
Built for William Ferguson, taylor in 1790

River St._4.pdf
Built by Daniel Bancroft Jr. Housewright in 1806

Derby St._48.pdf
Built circa 1800 by Epes Cogswell, Housewright

Rice St._16.pdf
Built for Frances E. Rae + Maria E. Dexter circa 1873

Rawlins St._6.pdf
Built for James O’Connell, Shopkeeper & Currier 1868 House used as a combined residence and liquor store and saloon in 1870’s & 1880’s

Phillips St._4.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader in 1840, Shop of Henry Balcomb, carpenter 1860, Altered to a dwelling house in 1868

Pickman St._23.pdf
Built for Alice M. Tilton & her sisters between 1887 and 1890

Pickman St._22.pdf
Built 1886 for John H. Davis, junk dealer

Parker Ct._3.pdf
Built for William Parker, merchant by 1831

Orne St._91.pdf
Built for Benjamin Peters, Fisherman & Coaster 1762 (formerly 30 North Street)

Oliver St._22.pdf
Built for Lydia Griffin & Captain Nathanial Griffin, Treas. Naumkeag Steam Cotton Mills, 1858

Oliver St._10.pdf
Built for Benjamin Cheever, Tanner by 1781; moved to this site in 1878

20 Northey St., Salem HSI Report.pdf
Built for William Nichols, mariner 1838. Rebuilt c. 1885 for Asahel Quimby, railroad Engineer

Northey St._14.pdf
Built by Jeremiah Hale, housewright, for James Short, cooper in 1839

Northey St._9.pdf
Built by 1874 for Frederick Lamson “Florist & Seedman” The Woodbury House”

North Pine St._8.pdf
House of Nathaniel Frothingham, stove & tinware dealer by 1851

North Pine St._7-9-11-13.pdf
Built by Edward F. Danforth and Devereux Dennis Carpenters & Builders in 1868

North Pine St._4.pdf
Moved to the lot by 1851 by Nathaniel Frothingham, Jr. and James C. Stimpson

Mall St._14.pdf
Has a non-HSI plaque; Built for Peter Edgerly, truckman, 1824

Mall St._1.pdf
Circa 1800. Moved here from unknown location in 1906 by Francis Ann Perley
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2