Browse Items (756 total)

Broad St._2.pdf
Built for Capt. Thomas Eden, Shipmaster as a Warehouse c. 1762 Converted to a residence in 1834 for Benjamin Cox, Merchant

Broad St._21.5.pdf
No plaque text provided; Built for Nathaniel Ropes in 1886.

Broad St._8.pdf
Built for Benjamin Cox, merchant c. 1810

Buffum St._11.pdf
Built for Theron Palmer, boot and shoe dealer by 1870

Washington St._236.pdf
Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable.

Warren St._17.pdf
Built by Samuel W. Cate for George Lawrence, mason in 1837

Warren St._15.pdf
Built for Jonathan H. Boyce, shoemaker 1850

Warren St._9.pdf
Built for Orrin F. Thompson, clerk 1881

Walter St._37.pdf
Mr. and Mrs. Alfred B. Brown 1870

Walter St._26.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Heard, mariner in 1849

Upham St._30.pdf
William Arrington, painter, 1841

Union St._43.pdf
Built 1769 for Joseph Hood

Union St._23.pdf
Maurice Welch, Twister, 1869

Union St._19.pdf
Alexander McCloy, Blacksmith, built by 1750, moved here for McCloy in 1839

Buffum St._34.pdf
Built by John H. Bickford, electrical engineer in 1895

Union St._7.pdf
The Heirs of William Parker, 1858

Turner St._53-55.pdf
Built as the gum copal factory for Jonathan Whipple, manufacturer, 1840. Converted to a residence c. 1870

Turner St._21.pdf
Built for John Ellison, mariner in 1779

Buffum St._31.pdf
Built for Curtis E. Wadleigh, tin-ware manufacturer in 1869

Turner St._9.pdf
Built by Henry Brown, mason, and John Rinks, laborer, between 1840 and 1850

Summit Ave._16.pdf
Built for Lewis T. Allen, bookkeeper c. 1896

Carlton St._25.pdf
Built by Thomas Magoun, shipwright circa 1802

Carpenter St._12.pdf
Built by Dan Farrington & William Orne, Jr. 1801 Remodeled c. 1870

Carpenter St._3.pdf
Built for John Bertram, merchant, and daughter Annie Webb, landlord. 1882

Chestnut St._1.pdf
Built ca 1850 for Francis Cox Commission Merchant

Summer St._49.pdf
Built by John S. Edwards, housewright in 1846

Summer St._36_38.pdf
House of John Stone, distiller, built before 1820

Or before 1831

Summer St._23.pdf
Built for Benjamin Deland, truckman between 1756 and 1760

Summer St._15.pdf
Built for John P. Peabody, purveyor of ladies furnishings 1874

Summer St._10.pdf
Built for John Mascoll, Jr., gunsmith c. 1710 enlarged during the Federal period rear building incorporated after 1851

Stodder Place_4.pdf
Built by the Giffords for Captain Ebenezer Berry, Shipmaster 1855

Chestnut St._24.pdf
24 Chestnut Street
Built by 1838 for Stephen C. Phillips, Esquire

Chestnut St._25.pdf
25 Chestnut Street Built for
Pickering Dodge, merchant in 1802

Chestnut St._31.pdf
31 Chestnut Street, built for Pickering Dodge, merchant circa 1828

Chestnut St._37.pdf
37 Chestnut Street
Built for Captain George Nichols, builder
Merchant 1816-1817 by Jabez Smith, Master

Chestnut St._42.pdf
House history and plaque program for owners Andrew and Nan Greer, 42 Chestnut Street Salem, Massachusetts, November 21, 1999.
Built for Miss Maria Ropes, 1858

Chestnut St._46.pdf
46 Chestnut Street, Salem
Built for Mrs. Martha Luscomb Webb, 1870

Chestnut St._5.pdf
Built for John Deacon Stone gentleman 1828 Childhood home of Ernest Fenellosa Japanese Imperial Commissioner of Fine Arts
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2