Browse Items (642 total)

Carlton St._17.pdf
Built for Margaret Ellison Bray - Widow c. 1808

Bentley St._17.pdf
Built for George Bowditch, Jr. Salem Mason 1843

Pleasant_15.pdf
Built by Abraham Towle, carpenter c. 1864

Clark_28.pdf
Built in 1984 for Ernest and Phyllis Dearborn

Essex 97.PDF
Built for Captain Benjamin Bates, mariner 1761

Federal St._102.pdf
Built for George Whitefield Martin, cabinet-maker c. 1800

Federal St._106.pdf
Built for John Chandler, grocer, 1896

Federal St._112-114.pdf
Built for Col. John Page, merchant 1782

Federal St._121.pdf
Built for Captain Joseph Winn, merchant, 1843

Federal St._126.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Chamberlain, bricklayer in 1782

Federal St._135.pdf
The Captain Benjamin Carpenter House 1802

Essex St._64-68 and 70 Washington Square East (1).pdf
Built 1893 for Zina Goodell, machinist, inventor

Federal St._136.pdf
Built for Joseph G. Sprague Esq. cashier of Naumkeag Bank 1832

Essex St._53.pdf
Owned by Rebecca Silsbee, moved to this site by 1843

Essex St._398.pdf
Built in 1847 as Quaker Meeting House, probably by David Buffum, and was sold and converted into a domestic dwelling in 1869.

Essex St._39.pdf
Built for William Murray, cooper, in 1688.

Essex St._389.pdf
Built for David Kiley, liquor purveyor, in 1882.

Essex St._387.pdf
Built for Lemuel Higbee, leather manufacturer, in 1858.

Essex St._384.pdf
Built by Captain Joseph Dean in 1706; also known as the William Stearns or Stearns-Sprague House; at one time run as the East India House guesthouse.

Essex St._380.pdf
Built in 1807 for Joseph Sprague, Jr., merchant.

Essex St._377.pdf
Built for James Ford in 1764, remodeled for Nathan Gifford in 1893.

352 352 Essex Street.PDF
Built in 1875 as a double house for Arthur S. Rogers (352), treasurer of Atlantic Car Co., and Benjamin W. Russell (350), teller at Salem National Bank

1-3 North Pine House History.pdf
Double house built c. 1866 for Patrick and Ellen Hennessey who were landlords for the 4 apartments for 43 years.

English St._41.pdf
Built for Elizabeth Gray, widow of John Gray, before her death in 1806. Elizabeth Gray may have earned a living as a dressmaker or shopkeeper after her husband died of a fever at Batavia in 1802. Her son William bought the house from his brother John…

English St._40.pdf
Built by John Crowninshield Very, trader, between 1820 and 1826, when he mortgaged the property to Captain James Deveraux for a sum owed to Deveraux and Stephen White.

English St._4.pdf
Rental property owned by Susan Ingersoll and passed down in 1858 to her heir, Horace (Conolly) Ingersoll. He sold it to Alice Sullivan, an Irish immigrant, in 1869. It was later lived in by Frank Malinowski, the second Polish immigrant to move to…

English St._34.pdf
Built by Robert Hill, boatbuilder, in 1812. The land originally contained a house built in 1688 by Mary and Thomas Mascoll on land given them by the original poprietor (Mary's father), mariner Joseph Swasey. This house was eventually divided in two…

English St._30.pdf
Built for widow Martha Rice c. 1800. In 1798 Martha Rice, "administratrix of the estate of David Hilliard," sold to John Becket and then re-purchased the "east end of dwelling house and small plot of land" on this site. According to Dr. Bentley's…

English St._14.pdf
Built by 1807 for Joseph Webb, boatbuilder, on land purchased in 1805 from Samuel Masury. Webb sold the house to Daniel Moore, shipwright, in 1807. Moore mortgaged the property to Isaac Stilton Bullock, trader, in 1808. In 1849 Bullock sold it to…

Daniels_5.pdf
Built for Capt. Edward Stanley, shipmaster, and wife Esther Waters Stanley, c. 1805

Carlton St._8.pdf
Built in 1811 for Philip Kimball, grocer

Federal St._63.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Treadwell, leather manufacturer

Fort Ave._155.pdf
Built for William G. Cochrane, manufacturer in 1909

Broad St._31.pdf
Built in 1846 for Charles M. Richardson, Purveyor of Hardware

Broad St._4.pdf
“The West Estate” Moved to this site from 5-7 Summer Street in 1834

Linden St._29.pdf
Built 1894 for Elizabeth A Winn, widow, by Eben H. Morse, carpenter

Lynde St._25.pdf
Captain James Barr, mariner, 1759; Documentation there, narrative missing

Mall St._1.pdf
Circa 1800. Moved here from unknown location in 1906 by Francis Ann Perley

Mall St._14.pdf
Has a non-HSI plaque; Built for Peter Edgerly, truckman, 1824

North Pine St._4.pdf
Moved to the lot by 1851 by Nathaniel Frothingham, Jr. and James C. Stimpson

North Pine St._7-9-11-13.pdf
Built by Edward F. Danforth and Devereux Dennis Carpenters & Builders in 1868

North Pine St._8.pdf
House of Nathaniel Frothingham, stove & tinware dealer by 1851

Northey St._9.pdf
Built by 1874 for Frederick Lamson “Florist & Seedman” The Woodbury House”
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2