Browse Items (182 total)

  • Tags: wood

English St._4.pdf
Rental property owned by Susan Ingersoll and passed down in 1858 to her heir, Horace (Conolly) Ingersoll. He sold it to Alice Sullivan, an Irish immigrant, in 1869. It was later lived in by Frank Malinowski, the second Polish immigrant to move to…

English St._30.pdf
Built for widow Martha Rice c. 1800. In 1798 Martha Rice, "administratrix of the estate of David Hilliard," sold to John Becket and then re-purchased the "east end of dwelling house and small plot of land" on this site. According to Dr. Bentley's…

English St._14.pdf
Built by 1807 for Joseph Webb, boatbuilder, on land purchased in 1805 from Samuel Masury. Webb sold the house to Daniel Moore, shipwright, in 1807. Moore mortgaged the property to Isaac Stilton Bullock, trader, in 1808. In 1849 Bullock sold it to…

Daniels_5.pdf
Built for Capt. Edward Stanley, shipmaster, and wife Esther Waters Stanley, c. 1805

Carlton St._8.pdf
Built in 1811 for Philip Kimball, grocer

Broad St._31.pdf
Built in 1846 for Charles M. Richardson, Purveyor of Hardware

Broad St._4.pdf
“The West Estate” Moved to this site from 5-7 Summer Street in 1834

Derby St._97.pdf
Owner research house date unknown
Land sold from David Ropes to William Williams February 23, 1771

Derby St._85.pdf
Built by Richard Palfrey 1789
Formerly 45 Derby Street

Derby St._58.pdf
58 Derby Street moved to this site by 1809

Derby St._54.pdf
6 pages of handwritten deeds, no house history and no date of house given

Tags: , , ,

Derby St._48.pdf
Built circa 1800 by Epes Cogswell, Housewright

Derby St._188.pdf
Built by Samuel McIntire for Captain Simon Forrester, 1790-91. The house was begin for Captain Jonathan Ingersoll and purchased by Forrester after the death of Ingersoll's wife, Mary Hodges, in January 1791. The house was converted to tenements in…

Derby St._159.pdf
Shop built by William May, paper stamper c. 1782 on land owned by Warwick Palfray.. Owned by Benjamin Hawkes, shipwright 1801-1829. Later owned by Cochran and Walsh families and by the John Franco Ukrainian Society.

Derby St._155.pdf
Built 1911. Researched by Marcia Cini, 1984. Macris, no HH.

Derby St._143.pdf
143 Derby Street
Built for John Nichols, Jr., mariner in the year 1836

Derby St._131.pdf
Built in 1912 for Louis Pettit, shoe merchant

Derby St._109.pdf
Built for Captain John McMillan, Salem mariner, circa 1800-1803

Derby St._105.pdf
Built by David B. Hood, master carpenter for Amos L. Vincent, sparmaker in 1856

Derby St._102.pdf
Moved to this site by the year 1850
Daniel S. Lawrence, grocer

Derby St._101.pdf
House date unknown, but land was sold by David Ropes to William Young February 16, 1771

Derby St._100.pdf
Site of Enoch Goodwin, grocery store in the year 1854

Curtis St._6.pdf
House of Henry Meek, mariner
Built circa 1800

Dearborn St._33.pdf
Built for Robert Manning, pomologist, broker, and stagecoach agent in 1824

Dearborn St._29.pdf
Built for Adelaide W. et ux (Walter T.) Berry, businessman 1912

Dearborn St._15.pdf
The House of Devereux Dennis a Salem "house carpenter" 1843

Daniels St. Court_1.pdf
Built by 1790
Moved to present site after 1820

Dearborn St._11.pdf
House built after 1839
Research completed 1976

Daniels St._35.pdf
Built in 1807 for Mrs. Sarah Silsbee, widow of Captain Nathaniel Silsbee, by her three sons Nathaniel, William, and Zachariah.

Daniels St._26.pdf
Built for Louis Collier, junk dealer, and his wife Mamie, 1909

Daniels St._2.pdf
Built for Mrs. Elizabeth Stevenson in 1906 as the home of her son-in-law, Charles F. Brown, grocer, and his family

Curtis St._5.pdf
Built for John White, mariner circa 1753

Curtis St._4.pdf
4 Curtis Street
Property of the Curtis Family
Built circa 1780

Crombie St._18.pdf
The William B. Pike House
Built by 1831 for Samuel Ferguson, Painter

ed8102e676a95fbb5c7df9b643665eef.pdf
The William B. Pike House
Built for Samuel Ferguson, Painter
Built by 1831

Conant St._20.pdf
House History and Plaque Program for Albert J. Mieli and Ellen M. Perrocchi

Conant St._12.pdf
12 Conant Street
Built for John Conant, yeoman in 1833

School St._14.pdf
Moved to this site by George O. Wellman, carpenter in 1869

Columbus Sq._5.pdf
5 Columbus Square probably built for Richard Derby, Sr, Salem merchant in 1758

Smith St._6.pdf
Built by John Sanderson, carpenter in 1859

Smith St._10.pdf
Built by Samuel D. Tilton, housewright in 1852

Clifton Ave._3.pdf
House History and Plaque Program for Robert D. Mulligan, Jr.

Chestnut St._5.pdf
Built for John Deacon Stone gentleman 1828 Childhood home of Ernest Fenellosa Japanese Imperial Commissioner of Fine Arts

Chestnut St._46.pdf
46 Chestnut Street, Salem
Built for Mrs. Martha Luscomb Webb, 1870

Chestnut St._42.pdf
House history and plaque program for owners Andrew and Nan Greer, 42 Chestnut Street Salem, Massachusetts, November 21, 1999.
Built for Miss Maria Ropes, 1858

Chestnut St._25.pdf
25 Chestnut Street Built for
Pickering Dodge, merchant in 1802

Chestnut St._24.pdf
24 Chestnut Street
Built by 1838 for Stephen C. Phillips, Esquire

Stodder Place_4.pdf
Built by the Giffords for Captain Ebenezer Berry, Shipmaster 1855

Summer St._10.pdf
Built for John Mascoll, Jr., gunsmith c. 1710 enlarged during the Federal period rear building incorporated after 1851

Summer St._15.pdf
Built for John P. Peabody, purveyor of ladies furnishings 1874

Summer St._23.pdf
Built for Benjamin Deland, truckman between 1756 and 1760

Summer St._36_38.pdf
House of John Stone, distiller, built before 1820

Or before 1831

Chestnut St._1.pdf
Built ca 1850 for Francis Cox Commission Merchant

Carpenter St._3.pdf
Built for John Bertram, merchant, and daughter Annie Webb, landlord. 1882

Carpenter St._12.pdf
Built by Dan Farrington & William Orne, Jr. 1801 Remodeled c. 1870

Carlton St._25.pdf
Built by Thomas Magoun, shipwright circa 1802
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2