Browse Items (128 total)

  • Tags: Street

Warren St._11.pdf
Documents provided are of research conducted on house; formal house history unavailable.

Northery St._30pdf.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Appleton, Jr. c. 1809

Crombie St._18.pdf
The William Pike House. Built for Samuel Ferguson, painter, by 1831

Daniels St._2.pdf
Built 1906 for Mrs. Elizabeth Stevenson (plaque has more wording than this)

Flint St._19.pdf
Built for Leonard Harrington, leather dealer, 1871

Central St._4-10 and Essex St._ 193-195.pdf
Built in 1805 for the Merchants B. Herbert Hathorne and W. Shepard Gray

Central St._4-10 and Essex St._ 193-195.pdf
Built in 1805 for the Merchants B. Herbert Hathorne and W. Shepard Gray

Carpenter St._7.pdf
Built as the Orphanage of the Seamen’s Orphans & Children’s Friend Society 1878

Carlton St._17.pdf
Built for Margaret Ellison Bray - Widow c. 1808

Essex St._64-68 and 70 Washington Square East (1).pdf
Built 1893 for Zina Goodell, machinist, inventor

Essex St._53.pdf
Owned by Rebecca Silsbee, moved to this site by 1843

Federal St._63.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Treadwell, leather manufacturer

Fort Ave._155.pdf
Built for William G. Cochrane, manufacturer in 1909

Orne St._91.pdf
Built for Benjamin Peters, Fisherman & Coaster 1762 (formerly 30 North Street)

Pickman St._22.pdf
Built 1886 for John H. Davis, junk dealer

Pickman St._23.pdf
Built for Alice M. Tilton & her sisters between 1887 and 1890

Phillips St._4.pdf
Built for Henry P. Hood, trader in 1840, Shop of Henry Balcomb, carpenter 1860, Altered to a dwelling house in 1868

Rawlins St._6.pdf
Built for James O’Connell, Shopkeeper & Currier 1868 House used as a combined residence and liquor store and saloon in 1870’s & 1880’s

Lafayette St._452.pdf
Benjamin G. Hathaway, carpenter, 1874

Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable

Lafayette St._255.pdf
Built for William S. Messervy, Tenth Mayor of Salem in 1868

Kosciusko St._11.pdf
Moved to this site in 1856, by John Durgin, peddler

Kosciusko St._6.pdf
Probably 18th century warehouse moved to this site circa 1870

Rice St._16.pdf
Built for Frances E. Rae + Maria E. Dexter circa 1873

Holly St. 13_15.pdf
Plaque was granted after research was presented by homeowner; no formal house history on record.

13 Holly Street:
Built in 1915 for Hattie and Frank Brennan, dairy merchant

15 Holly Street:
Built in 1915 for Annie & Harry Fitch, dairy…

Hathorne St._26.pdf
Moved to this site ca. 1890 for Deborah Arrington, singlewoman

Hardy St._6.pdf
Built for Daniel C. Bowditch, shipwright 1844

Hardy St._5.pdf
Built for “Skipper” Richard Valpy, Fisherman, circa 1765

Hamilton St._10.pdf
Built for John Wilson, stonecutter in 1879

Hamilton St._7.pdf
Built for Henry Perkins Benson, cotton dealer in 1898

Hamilton St._1.pdf
Built for Benjamin Brown, apothecary in 1844

Grove St._24.pdf
Built by Henry W. Balcomb, carpenter in 1871

Gardner St._1.pdf
Built for Arthur L. Averill, Lawyer 1916. On site of house built for James W. Averill, House Painter, 1895 (burned 1914)

Franklin St._27.pdf
House was moved to this location from 89 North Street in 1945. Built between 19th and 20th century by Christopher McGrane

Fowler St._19.pdf
Built for James C. Stimpson, tanner, c. 1850

Forrester St._8.pdf
Daniel B. Lord, carpenter for Edmund Yasinski, Tabacconist 1888

Forrester St._7.pdf
Built for Charles L. Whipple, coal and wood dealer in 1886

Federal St._95-97.pdf
Built for George C. Shreve, jewelry merchant

Federal St._88.pdf
Built for Joseph Hilliard, shipmaster and carter

Federal St._78.pdf
House and shop belonging to the Sprague Brewery

Federal St._177-179.pdf
Built for William Shepard Gray, cashier of the Essex Bank

River St._4.pdf
Built by Daniel Bancroft Jr. Housewright in 1806

River St._6.pdf
Built for William Ferguson, taylor in 1790

Washington St._236.pdf
Documents provided are of research conduction on house; formal house history unavailable.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2