Browse Items (133 total)

  • Tags: Federal

Federal_92.pdf
Built by James Gould, housewright 1788

Federal St._102.pdf
Built for George Whitefield Martin, cabinet-maker c. 1800

Federal St._106.pdf
Built for John Chandler, grocer, 1896

Federal St._112-114.pdf
Built for Col. John Page, merchant 1782

Federal St._121.pdf
Built for Captain Joseph Winn, merchant, 1843

Federal St._126.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Chamberlain, bricklayer in 1782

Federal St._135.pdf
The Captain Benjamin Carpenter House 1802

Federal St._136.pdf
Built for Joseph G. Sprague Esq. cashier of Naumkeag Bank 1832

English St._4.pdf
Rental property owned by Susan Ingersoll and passed down in 1858 to her heir, Horace (Conolly) Ingersoll. He sold it to Alice Sullivan, an Irish immigrant, in 1869. It was later lived in by Frank Malinowski, the second Polish immigrant to move to…

English St._30.pdf
Built for widow Martha Rice c. 1800. In 1798 Martha Rice, "administratrix of the estate of David Hilliard," sold to John Becket and then re-purchased the "east end of dwelling house and small plot of land" on this site. According to Dr. Bentley's…

English St._14.pdf
Built by 1807 for Joseph Webb, boatbuilder, on land purchased in 1805 from Samuel Masury. Webb sold the house to Daniel Moore, shipwright, in 1807. Moore mortgaged the property to Isaac Stilton Bullock, trader, in 1808. In 1849 Bullock sold it to…

Daniels_5.pdf
Built for Capt. Edward Stanley, shipmaster, and wife Esther Waters Stanley, c. 1805

Carlton St._8.pdf
Built in 1811 for Philip Kimball, grocer

Federal St._63.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Treadwell, leather manufacturer

Federal Ct._4.pdf
Built for Micah Wild, gentleman by 1807

Federal St._95-97.pdf
Built for George C. Shreve, jewelry merchant

Federal St._88.pdf
Built for Joseph Hilliard, shipmaster and carter

Federal St._78.pdf
House and shop belonging to the Sprague Brewery

Federal St._177-179.pdf
Built for William Shepard Gray, cashier of the Essex Bank

Federal St._170.pdf
Built for James Braden, currier and tanner

Federal St._143.pdf
Built for Joseph Sprague, merchant & distiller c. 1795

Federal St._126.5.pdf
Mary Drayton, dressmaker, and Isaac Drayton, harnessmaker, 1885

Federal St._115.pdf
Built by Joseph Edwards, housewright in 1814. Stands on the site of the shop of Deacon Jacob Sanderson, cabinet-maker, built in 1793

Federal St._108-110.pdf
“The Prince Mansion” built for John Orne, sailmaker ca. 1785-1793

Federal St._105.pdf
House & Shop of Edmund Johnson, cabinetmaker, before 1801

Derby St._96-98.pdf
Built for Moses Townsend, merchant
in 1805
(formerly 52 Derby St. renumbered in 1894)
birthplace of General Frederick Townsend Ward

Derby St._97.pdf
Owner research house date unknown
Land sold from David Ropes to William Williams February 23, 1771

Derby St._85.pdf
Built by Richard Palfrey 1789
Formerly 45 Derby Street

Derby St._54.pdf
6 pages of handwritten deeds, no house history and no date of house given

Tags: , , ,

Derby St._188.pdf
Built by Samuel McIntire for Captain Simon Forrester, 1790-91. The house was begin for Captain Jonathan Ingersoll and purchased by Forrester after the death of Ingersoll's wife, Mary Hodges, in January 1791. The house was converted to tenements in…

Derby St._159.pdf
Shop built by William May, paper stamper c. 1782 on land owned by Warwick Palfray.. Owned by Benjamin Hawkes, shipwright 1801-1829. Later owned by Cochran and Walsh families and by the John Franco Ukrainian Society.

Derby St._109.pdf
Built for Captain John McMillan, Salem mariner, circa 1800-1803

Derby St._102.pdf
Moved to this site by the year 1850
Daniel S. Lawrence, grocer

Derby Sq._5-9.pdf
Built for Col. Benjamin Pickman, Jr., merchant
by Joshua Upham, mason in 1817

Dearborn St._33.pdf
Built for Robert Manning, pomologist, broker, and stagecoach agent in 1824

Curtis St._5.pdf
Built for John White, mariner circa 1753

Crombie St._13.pdf
Built for Benjamin Crombie, housewright and innholder, circa 1805

ed8102e676a95fbb5c7df9b643665eef.pdf
The William B. Pike House
Built for Samuel Ferguson, Painter
Built by 1831

Conant St._12.pdf
12 Conant Street
Built for John Conant, yeoman in 1833

School St._14.pdf
Moved to this site by George O. Wellman, carpenter in 1869

Chestnut St._37.pdf
37 Chestnut Street
Built for Captain George Nichols, builder
Merchant 1816-1817 by Jabez Smith, Master

Chestnut St._31.pdf
31 Chestnut Street, built for Pickering Dodge, merchant circa 1828

Chestnut St._25.pdf
25 Chestnut Street Built for
Pickering Dodge, merchant in 1802

Summer St._10.pdf
Built for John Mascoll, Jr., gunsmith c. 1710 enlarged during the Federal period rear building incorporated after 1851

Summer St._23.pdf
Built for Benjamin Deland, truckman between 1756 and 1760

Summer St._36_38.pdf
House of John Stone, distiller, built before 1820

Or before 1831

Carpenter St._12.pdf
Built by Dan Farrington & William Orne, Jr. 1801 Remodeled c. 1870
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2