Browse Items (592 total)

Chestnut St._1.pdf
Built ca 1850 for Francis Cox Commission Merchant

Daniels St. Court_1.pdf
Built by 1790
Moved to present site after 1820

Gardner St._1.pdf
Built for Arthur L. Averill, Lawyer 1916. On site of house built for James W. Averill, House Painter, 1895 (burned 1914)

Hamilton St._1.pdf
Built for Benjamin Brown, apothecary in 1844

Mall St._1.pdf
Circa 1800. Moved here from unknown location in 1906 by Francis Ann Perley

Gerrish Place_1-2-3.pdf
Built by The Salem Charitable Building Association in 1849

1-3 North Pine House History.pdf
Double house built c. 1866 for Patrick and Ellen Hennessey who were landlords for the 4 apartments for 43 years.

EPSON002.PDF
Built 1808 for Nathan Robinson, merchant, and wife Eunice Beckford

Essex St._10.pdf
Built for David Murphy, rope maker, in 1798.

Flint_10.PDF
Built in 1915 for Charles Blunt, plumber, and wife Elizabeth. Replaced home burned in Great Salem Fire of 1914. On original foundation from 1839 house built for Joseph Wallis, cabinet maker

Hamilton St._10.pdf
Built for John Wilson, stonecutter in 1879

Oliver St._10.pdf
Built for Benjamin Cheever, Tanner by 1781; moved to this site in 1878

Smith St._10.pdf
Built by Samuel D. Tilton, housewright in 1852

Summer St._10.pdf
Built for John Mascoll, Jr., gunsmith c. 1710 enlarged during the Federal period rear building incorporated after 1851

Derby St._100.pdf
Site of Enoch Goodwin, grocery store in the year 1854

Derby St._101.pdf
House date unknown, but land was sold by David Ropes to William Young February 16, 1771

Bridge St._102.pdf
Built 1851 for Captain William B. Bates, shipmaster

Derby St._102.pdf
Moved to this site by the year 1850
Daniel S. Lawrence, grocer

Federal St._102.pdf
Built for George Whitefield Martin, cabinet-maker c. 1800

Derby St._105.pdf
Built by David B. Hood, master carpenter for Amos L. Vincent, sparmaker in 1856

Federal St._105.pdf
House & Shop of Edmund Johnson, cabinetmaker, before 1801

Federal St._106.pdf
Built for John Chandler, grocer, 1896

Federal St._108-110.pdf
“The Prince Mansion” built for John Orne, sailmaker ca. 1785-1793

Derby St._109.pdf
Built for Captain John McMillan, Salem mariner, circa 1800-1803

Buffum St._11.pdf
Built for Theron Palmer, boot and shoe dealer by 1870

Dearborn St._11.pdf
House built after 1839
Research completed 1976

Kosciusko St._11.pdf
Moved to this site in 1856, by John Durgin, peddler

Warren St._11.pdf
Documents provided are of research conducted on house; formal house history unavailable.

Winter St._11.pdf
Built for Ephraim Brown Jr. Registrar of Deeds 1868. Lord & Fuller Architects

Federal St._112-114.pdf
Built for Col. John Page, merchant 1782

EPSON014.PDF
Built 1846 for Benjamin Chamberlain, jeweler

Federal St._115.pdf
Built by Joseph Edwards, housewright in 1814. Stands on the site of the shop of Deacon Jacob Sanderson, cabinet-maker, built in 1793

Andrew_12.pdf
Built by Abiezer Washburn, Housewright 1804

Carpenter St._12.pdf
Built by Dan Farrington & William Orne, Jr. 1801 Remodeled c. 1870

Conant St._12.pdf
12 Conant Street
Built for John Conant, yeoman in 1833

Daniels St._12.pdf
House history and Plaque Program for Brendan and Kimberly Randall
Likely the dwelling was built by Thomas Beedle, Sr., or Thomas Beedle, Jr. circa 1715-1745.

Gifford Court_12.pdf
Built as Seamen’s Orphan & Children’s Friend Society, c. 1887

Osgood St._12.pdf
Built for Thaddeus Gwinn, ropemaker in 1806; moved to this site in 1876

12 Prince.pdf
Built c. 1916 for Joseph Gagnon, assistant engineer for Salem Fire Department, and wife, Mary

Federal St._121.pdf
Built for Captain Joseph Winn, merchant, 1843

Essex St._125.pdf
Built for Thomas Needham, cabinetmaker, in 1830.

Federal St._126.pdf
Built for Nathaniel Chamberlain, bricklayer in 1782

Federal St._126.5.pdf
Mary Drayton, dressmaker, and Isaac Drayton, harnessmaker, 1885

Essex St._129.pdf
Built by Samuel McIntire for Gideon Tucker, merchant, in 1808-09. Purchased in 1896 by the Father Theobald Mathew Total Abstinence Society, who remodeled it in 1910.

Crombie St._13.pdf
Built for Benjamin Crombie, housewright and innholder, circa 1805

Daniels 13.pdf
Built c. 1860 for John N. Frye, baker, for daughter, Matilda Frye and friend, Lucy Wright
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2